GNOME Split 1.2 - "Engine Light" has been released!
With bugfixes, speed improvement and GTK+ graphical interface enhancements.
- 2 times faster than all previous releases.
- Split and merge using the several file format.
- Split and merge using a generic file format (like "split" and "cat" tools).
- File integrity verification using the MD5 algorithm.
- Notifications to show the end of a split or a merge.
- Asssistant to make split and merge easy for new users.
- Speed indicator to know how fast the action is performed.
- Accelerators to quickly manage a split or a merge.
- Integrate with Nautilus right click menu.
GNOME Split is a tool that allows you to split files and merge them back. It is written in Java and uses a GTK+ user interface (thanks to the java-gnome project). The goal is to offer a native implementation of similar projects which can handle multiple file formats (e.g. Xtremsplit).
You can cooperate with the GNOME Split team in any way you want:
- Support to other users.
- Report a bug.
- Write a patch.
- Spreading the word.